19 May 2011

New in life, Luke Wood Visit, Blog Updates...

So I am trying to resist the urge to make this blog an apologetic about the house of prayer and not only a log of my musings over whatever I am learning at the moment... that said, let me give you a little update. I promise that I am going to start uploading proper pictures. I am currently waiting on a USB converter for my memory card... there will be lots of great pictures soon! So here are some random updates on my life... but first.

New Around the Blog
You might have noticed a few changes on my blog. If not, well, you must be reading this in Reader so click on the link and view all the amazing things I have done to my blog. Now. Really. Do it. I have created some different pages that you can see listed at the top of the page. The Favorite Things page has some great resources as well as some other blogs from other members of the watch. Go check it out.

I also created a Newsletter Archive page where you can view my latest ministry updates.

Also, just a reminder, if you are wanting to partner with me financially in building the house of prayer, you can do that on the Donate page.

Luke Wood Visit

So this past week, we had the amazing honor and privilege of hosting Luke and Leah Wood from IHOP-KC. It was such an encouraging time for our little house of prayer. Whenever I meet another intercessory missionary I always feel like I am meeting my family. There's just something in me that says, ahhh these are my people. Luke shared some great messages and led our Friday night intercession set. It was really great. Here is a really bad photo of Luke and the team taken with my cell phone. I will put up better pictures asap!




Also, Luke and Leah are intercessory missionaries as well. You can go to our website (www.thewatchredding.org) to find out how to partner with them or listen to the teachings from last week. You can also go to ihop.org to watch Luke in the Prayer Room live!

Trip to IHOP-KC

Also, very exciting, I have been given the incredible opportunity to visit IHOP-KC for ten days at the end of June. Ironically, I have never been there, even though I am so closely tied to their ministry. I will go on June 22 and be back in Redding July 2. I am greatly looking forward to this time a time of impartation and vision for the next season in building the house of prayer here in Redding. I am so thankful for this opportunity. Thank you, Jesus!

New in my Life
Well tomorrow it will be one month exactly since I returned from my fundraising trip to Ohio and officially began my journey as an intercessory missionary here in Redding. Being an intercessory missionary is a really interesting experience. You really get hit between the eyes with your own value system when you start to build and minister in the house of prayer as your occupation. Because now your "money is where your mouth is" so to speak. I have said that this is a worthy thing to give my life to before, but now it is my reality.

So when it all comes down, and I am dependent upon the Lord for my daily bread, do I really believe this is worth giving my life to? Do I really beleive that if I seek first the Kingdom in this way, that all my needs will be met? Do I really value this fasted lifestyle over the American Dream?

When I am faced with my own weakness in my inability to pray long hours (when that is supposed to be my occupation), do I encounter that weakness and press in? When I am unsure of how to proceed in building a staffing department because I have never done this before, do I seek the face of God and struggle through? Or do I determine that I must not be called to it and quit?

Do I really beleive that this is a valid and valuable way to spend my time?

These are just real questions and can be applied not only to my journey as an intercessory missionary, but to anything that the Lord asks us to follow Him in....

The good news is that He is really faithful. I can rest assured in all of these things of this one thing: Jesus is worth a life poured out in obedience.
As I align myself with this truth, the Holy Spirit can give me grace to walk it out. It is the power of seeking the first ONE first. (see my last post...)

So how's it going over here in Redding?

I can truly say that this is the best decision I have ever made. Nothing compares to knowing that I am truly where He has called me to be; to trusting Him in all things.

My heart is full of gratitude. What an honor to minister in the house of the Lord. Sometimes it seems to good to be true that He would allow me to do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment