09 February 2011

Cat's out of the bag.

I suppose this will be more of an informative post than an inspirational one. As many of you are aware, I have been a part of the House of Prayer (known as the Watch) at Bethel for about a year and a half now. I want to talk a little more in future posts about the house of prayer, the value and validity of it, and give some more insight on how it works for us here at Bethel.
But today, I just really wanted to share my testimony and let you all know what I am planning to do next.

Most of you know a little of my history or have seen me lead worship and know that I moved from Wooster to Bethel in August of 2008. Right after moving here, I went through a pretty intense time of healing and learning identity.

In the spring of 2009, I walked, quite accidentally, into the Watch of the Lord. It was a Friday night Devotional set at the Watch of the Lord. It was so sweet. I remember Steffany looking at me and saying, "That's so you, Kell". I loved the feel of it. I said, “I want to do THAT!”. I had no grid for the house of prayer and knew nothing about it. I could not have fathomed what the Lord was about to unfold in my life. I remember the leader of the ministry, saying at the first meeting that the Lord was setting some of us as “watchmen on the wall” (Is. 62) I had no grid for what he was speaking about, but the Lord knew what He was doing. I got involved right away and started worship leading and getting involved in the community. I truly felt like I had found my niche, my people.

September 2009, I really started to feel the draw to works of justice. I felt the convergence of my call as an intercessor and to set captives free. Most of you are aware that I applied and was accepted to the Intro Internship at the International House of Prayer with the intention of applying to be a Staff person with Exodus Cry (www.exoduscry.org). I was so excited to see things coming together. Soon after that, however, the Lord began asking me, “What do you really want?” I began wrestling with my desires, how I spent my time, what I was meant to do, etc. The real turning point came at the end of January 2010.

The Watch of the Lord was scheduled to have a staff meeting the last Saturday in January and the night before the meeting, I had a series of three dreams about the house of prayer in Redding. It was undeniable the power that was being released in my life to pursue this lifestyle.

The next day at the meeting, a message was given about Anna in Luke chapter 2. She lived all of the days of her life in the temple, waiting for the Messiah. My heart was so moved by the message and I ended up weeping on my face; in that moment I heard the closest thing to the audible voice of God I ever have. He said, “If you give yourself to this, you will never be sorry.” I knew in that moment that I would stay here at Bethel in the House of Prayer until the Lord released me; that this was my first call and I would not regret it.

From the moment I said that yes to the Lord, I entered the most intense time of trial by fire I have ever experienced. Through all of that time, my dreams increased in number and accuracy. I had a series of several dreams right in that time period that confirmed to me that Kansas City was not where I belonged.

I wanted to become an intercessory missionary (full time intercessor) right after that meeting and really wrestled with the decision-- knowing my call to full time ministry, but uncertain of the timing and my heart’s motive for it. The Lord really spoke to my heart that it wasn’t the time for that. but I remember feeling that before the end of the year, I would decide to go full time in the house of prayer.

I could really go on for pages just about this past year and my journey in the house of prayer. I know I will look back on this year and say that it was one of the most transformational times of my life. The Lord has confirmed over and over again that this is my place on the wall (Isaiah 62).

Recently, the Lord has begun moving in a new way at the Watch of the Lord. Making it very clear that He is about to pour out His Spirit and build the house of prayer in this city. Also, making it clear through different prophetic occurrences that the Lord is calling the builders of the house in this city. This ministry will not grow to become what the House of Prayer is meant to be in this city unless there are full time intercessory missionaries to work and build. Having felt released to become part time Staff as an intercessory missionary in July, I began to seek the Lord about the timing for me to go full time.

Around October, I began feeling that the time frame for quitting my job and going full time would be around March/April and at the end of November, I had a dream in which the Lord made it absolutely clear the timing He was directing me toward.

I know that the house of prayer is my calling and that Redding is my position for as long as the Lord allows. Now it’s time to step out and do what it is He has called me to. I am beyond excited and very much feeling the weight of the decision now.

I actually just gave my notice at my job at Simpson two days ago. The Lord has really blessed the transition. My last day will be March 25th and I am planning to make a trip to Ohio in preparation for the full time transition.

I think more than anything else this year and through the past three months of praying into this, I have become confident that God is a good Father and He is faithful. He knows our end from our beginning- every single day and He is not surprised by the circumstances of our lives. He really does long to be gracious and answer us if we ask Him. I have caught a glimpse of the character and nature of God and it has changed everything.

So that is my testimony... and what God is doing in my life, practically speaking. I am really excited for this time and just wanted to finally share with everyone.

Watch for updates about the House of Prayer and what God is doing in Redding. I plan to begin using this blog for alot of that. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more about what the Lord does in you and through you in this next season of life. I'm going to miss you and your sunny disposition greatly!! I know that your obedience, trust and daring faith will be rewarded greatly!!

    ReplyDelete