03 February 2011

Not my own.

I have recently adopted the practice of some friends of mine of reading a Psalm a day, preferably first thing in the morning. I highly recommend this discipline. Read it, pray it, sing it. It is a great way to get your heart moving in the morning. But I digress.
This morning I was reading Psalm 3, which is a great Psalm about the faithfulness and protection of the Lord. So I am reading along, da da da when I get to verse 5.

I lay down and slept;
I woke again, for the LORD sustained me.


And I just repeated it to myself.
I lay down and slept;
I woke again, for the LORD sustained me.

over again...
I sleep and I wake up because You sustain me.

The only reason I wake up every day is because the grace of God is on me.
The only reason I take breath is because Jesus continues to uphold my by the Word of His power.

Truly, in Him I live and move and have my being.

Ah, so often I have read these verses over my lifetime. How little impact they have had on my heart! I am made for Him alone. Truth. Done. The end.

And not only do I wake up everyday because He sustains me, but for 25 years He has provided for my every need. It is not just luck or circumstance or because I have done everything right. But He has upheld my life, sustained my being, and provided for my every need. It is He alone who works all things together for my good.

Truly my life is not my own. Every moment I have, every resource I gain is that- a resource, to be wasted on the Kingdom.



God give me the Spirit of revelation and strength in my inner man so that I might live my life as if it belongs to You.

1 comment:

  1. Kels-this so moved my heart. I've been having that same experience lately with the Word and its so refreshing. Its coming alive in new ways. Love the apostolic prayer, by the way :) love you.

    ReplyDelete