03 March 2011

Living Before His Eyes

Why did I never see this before? Why have I never thought of this before? How have I "loved" Him for so long without considering the righteousness of my ways? How have I forgotten that I live for Him alone?

It is a passing thought most of the time. Living before His gaze. Before Him alone.

I never knew. Never understood. I have lived my life before men. What a terrifying reality that is to me. Because there is coming a day. There IS coming a day when I will stand before Him. Alone.

Without my ministry.
Without my community.
Without my friends.
Without my music.
Without my mentors or pastors or leaders.

He. I. Burning Eyes. It terrifies me.

Would I be able to stand if I stood before Him now? Yes, he forgives my sin. But are my WAYS righteous? He sees all my thoughts. Everything man cannot know. He KNOWS me.

Have I bought gold refined by FIRE? Or will I suffer loss in that day?

He will wipe every tear from our eyes in that day. Every tear of regret. But I do not wish to suffer LOSS. I do not desire to be deceived in this life and to be surprised on that day.

The Day of the Lord is REAL. It should be my daily living reality.

Yes, He is kind and merciful... slow to anger, abounding in love.

But He is the righteous Judge. He will give to every man according to what he has done.

And what do I do with this information? Do I run to comfort my soul? Do I shut down in indifference? Do I harden my heart? Let it not be so!!

God, that I would have the grace to put myself before His gaze now. Let us put ourselves in the midst of His fiery love and let it remove all that would hinder.



1 Peter 4:17-18
17For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18And
"If the righteous is scarcely saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Isaiah 2
12For the LORD of hosts has a day
against all that is proud and lofty,
against all that is lifted up—and it shall be brought low;
17And the haughtiness of man shall be humbled,
and the lofty pride of men shall be brought low,
and the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.
18And the idols shall utterly pass away.

No comments:

Post a Comment