02 April 2011

It's the only thing that makes sense...

Today the sun came out. I miss the sun so much when it is gone. And I was thinking... it's kind of like the house of prayer.
I have been home in Ohio for only four days. It has been good to spend some solid time with family. How blessed I am to have parents and siblings who love me so much!!

But I was already feeling very much the lack of the Watch in my life. Tonight I had the immense honor of meeting with some fellow worship and prayer warriors who have a passion for the house of prayer and it really rejuvenated my spirit! I didn't realize quite how much I am entrenched in this life until this past week. It is truly a part of my identity. The constant flow of prayer and talk about Jesus is life to my soul and I truly miss it when I am away.

I was pondering this tonight and began thinking about the reasons that the house of prayer is valuable. I have made a list of sorts, based on different Scriptures of simple reasons that 24-7 worship is the best thing that I could do with my life... (in order of importance, in my opinion, so far)
1. He is Worthy of it. (Revelation 4 and 5). The implication of the four living creatures continually looking into the depths of God and singing "Holy, holy, holy" is that He is infinitely worthy of incescant worship...
2. He desires it (Revelation 4 and 5) God surrounded Himself from the beginning with constand and continual worship. He desires that incense would continually rise before His throne.
3. It is God's plan to partner with us to release His will on the earth (Luke 18, Revelation 8, Matthew 6). Over and over again in Scripture we can see that God uses prayer to bring His Kingdom to earth, and ultimately the RETURN of Jesus through the end time events.
4. It is the only command of God and the only thing that makes sense in a world in crisis (Joel). The only command of God to a people in crisis is to turn to Him in solemn assembly (consecration in prayer) and intercede.

All of these things are of utmost importance. But the one thing that it comes down to for me tonight is this thought...

It's the only thing that makes sense.

For all of these reasons, I can think of no other reality that would be worth giving my life to. This is not even counting all of the joy that I find in the daily mundane of it. His ways are truly good. He really did make us for this one purpose and knows that it is the ultimate fulfillment of our souls. But if none of that joy were mine, these things would still be enough to make it a worthy thing.

That's my thought for tonight. I pray for a reality to grow in my heart that changes the way I actually live. That I would live from this place always, whether I am meeting a need, having a conversation, healing the sick, preaching a sermon, or fasting and praying.... He is worth a life poured out in worship.

It is the only thing that makes sense.

2 comments: